|Questions to Expect|
- What do you know about our company and the position you are applying for? (An opportunity for you to tell what you know from the research you did ahead of time.
- Why did you leave your last job? (Respond to this question in a positive manner).
- Tell me about yourself. (Even though this question is often used to break the ice, keep your answer job, experience and skills related.
- What are your strengths? (Sell yourself, talk about your education, skills, experience with the intension of explaining why you would be a good employee for their company).
- What are your weaknesses? (Be truthful and answer in a positive manner. For example: "I am a poor speller, but I use spell check to make up for it").
- Do you have references? (make sure to contact your references ahead of time to get approval to use them and include: their name, address and telephone numbers).
- Why haven't you been employed for such a long time? (Be honest. Explain your intent or situation with honesty. Be sincere about your abilities and commitment).
- Why should we offer you a position? (answer this in a positive manner, emphasis your attributes ie. quick learner, good worker, good attitude, excellent work ethic, etc.)