Six FAQs about staffing agencies
From Employment Edge
Are you considering using a staffing agency to help with your job search? People often hesitate to visit a staffing agency because they are not sure how the process works. Here are answers to six of the most common questions.
1. What, exactly, is a staffing agency?
A staffing agency helps people find appropriate jobs. As a job seeker, you complete an application either online or at our office. We review your qualifications, do an in-person interview, match your abilities to current job openings and/or contact you when positions come open that meet your needs.
2. Is there a fee?
Job seekers do not pay a fee. Business owners ay us to help find good employees.
3. Are the jobs temporary?
We offer three types of placements: direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary.
- Direct Hire: Some of our clients ask us to handle their job postings, review resumes, and conduct initial interviews. We send a candidate pool to the employer who makes the final decision. Upon hire, the job seeker immediately becomes an employee of the client company.
- Temp-to-Hire: Some companies prefer to have employees complete a trial period before becoming a permanent employee. During that time, the worker is an employee of Employment Edge assigned to the client company. The length of time before a worker becomes a permanent employee varies from company to company but is typically no more than 12 weeks.
- Temporary: And, yes, we do make temporary assignments. Some of our client companies need workers for a day, a week, or a few months. We always let the job seeker know if an assignment is temporary and how long it is expected to last.
4. Do the jobs just pay minimum wage?
Wages range from minimum hourly wage to very competitive salaries. The rate of pay depends on the positon.
5. Do you offer benefits?
We offer Worker's Comp coverage and direct deposit of paychecks.. Pay schedule is weekly on Wednesday for hours worked the previous week.
6. Will I have to take skill tests?
Some of our client companies require skill testing; other do not. Because we are matching your experience with appropriate job openings, you would take only skill tests that match your experience.
We will be happy to help you with your job search.
Give us a call today at 605-271-5627.